Underwater signatures from ships, used for mine-fusing and detection should be known and controlled for each naval vessel before entering a mission.
SWECADE© is a software package for magnetic, electric and pressure signature management. It has been developed in co-operation with FMV (the Swedish Defence Material Administration) to be the main tool in prediction, design and evaluation of non-acoustic underwater ship-signatures.
SWECADE© has been used at all Swedish ranges (Sea and land) since 1995 and, in its present version, it is also adapted for transportable ranges.
SWECADE© runs on any standard PC with Windows XP and can read sensor values from a file or use ADC-boards for data acquisition.
The three modules in SWECADE© are:
The component signature prediction module offers:
- The calculated magnetic signature at any depth and ambient field
- Modular build up of whole ship set of components (engines, gears etc.)
The loop-coil design package features:
- Design of loop-coils for components, a ship or a ship class
- 3D graphic displays of cable routes
- Prediction of coil-effects at any distance
The range utilities are optimised for:
- Signal processing and data management
- Quick, semi-automatic, coil prediction
- and definition of optimum settings
- Powerful display and print routines
- Built in training for operators and degaussing technician